Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This means Fifteen...


I took some time out to attend a the niece of a friend's quincinera. I've been to debutante balls, beautillions, even a few barmitzvahs. Let me tell you, there has only been one other time I wished I had my rosetta stone game tight. The kids were so nervous that they were messing up the graceful entrance. Don't worry, the nervousness didn't stop there. It continued with dad who was so anxious that the waltz damn near turned into a two-step. The uncles came in and followed suit and 2-stepped right along following dad's model. Now, don't get it twisted I totally enjoyed myself. There was one major snafu, the dj. True, my friend asked me to do it and I declined. I wanted to actually enjoy myself for once. And here we are, seated watching the salsa train line go by. If there's one thing I have to remember is, its all in the hips. Right? Exactly. Its time for the open bar. Be right back.

Okay, sorry for the time lapse, open bar started and its only for an hour so I'm double fisting it now. Gotta get my face right or else it won't be a good party. Exactly. You know the steelo, I'm surprised there was no pre-party partying but I guess it might not be appropriate for a room full of high schoolers. Maybe I put myself on some sort of pedestal without warrant but sometimes my upbringing DOES come out and try to present itself. No I didn't grow up a heathen but, when its time to party holla at cha main man Dub Danger.

Speaking of Danger, When Dub is on Music Choice's Rap Channel...OMG, DANGER!!!

8/25/2010 Wednesday 8:00pm
8/27/2010 Friday 3:00pm
8/28/2010 Saturday 9:00am
8/29/2010 Sunday 12:00 midnight
8/29/2010 Sunday 3:00pm

No comments: